Sprite Wars
Sign in to follow this  
Storm Spotter Fox

The Great Raid News

Heya folks. Welcome. This is the Great Raid.

Or well, it will be if we can make it great. Anyway, all news concerning the Great Raid is to be posted here for all who are interested to see. Consider this our headquarters.

Well, it seems that there might be a delay in the beginning of the Great Raid. We've run into a few snags. First off, for those who are joining up at Sonic Turbine, the administration there is a tad slow to validate. It may take some patience for us to finally get in there. As for FDI, to my knowledge, this problem has not yet come up.

Another snag is that we haven't yet set a proper withdrawl date for either of the raids. I do feel that the great Raid should have a defeinite end, a list of objectives, and a framework for what we hope to achieve at each board. Feel free to discuss some options here.

Yet a third snag is that there are no Raid Leaders yet. Both raids need a leader to ensure that plot objectives are met, our members act with courteousness and consideration, and that everything generally runs smoothly.

Another thought occured to me. We may need at least one faction to serve in opposition of each raid, just to give something for each board to rally with. If everyone chooses to be an aggressor, then few people will want to join, and the plot will be derailed fast. I hate to spring this on you guys so late in the game, but it is a very distinct possibility that without an opposing force, this whole thing will fall apart.

And in that event, we need a breakaway plan for shutting down the raid at a particular forum, which actually shouldn't be all too hard. Alright, that's it folks.

Anyway, please check in. I will have profile threads up in a bit.

I don't know what the hell we're doing or what any of this is about. I'm kinda late. Feel free to explain to me on MSN.

Okay, is anyone still interested in the great raid at all? Because up until about a week ago, everyone was all about it, and now it's like it doesn't even exist.

Life suddenly sprung on me with a vengeance, and I believe everyone else is crapping themselves and running like crazy to try and get some sprites done before GC Starts.

I still think a bit more planning is needed.

Yeah, we need some objectives, like we could gather a bunch of backgrounds together for our map of the site. We could have one of the objectives to "destroy the broadcasting tower" which is a main facility for the defenders...or something.

There you go. Good call Sanjit. Right what I was hoping for. To help the story progress, we need a list of objectives. But for each raid, we need a setting first.

The Forest Defense Initiative. The name should explain itself. FDI is the militarized version of the Mystical Forst Zone. Having said that, expect to fight out in the boundless wonder of nature. Get your camouflauged sprites ready. At least until FDI's outpost bases are slowly discovered and we work our way towards the grand daddy of them all, the FDI's Main base.

Sonic Turbine doesn't have much of a canonical setting to begin with, so we're going to have to make our own and throw in some educated guesses on what a place like Turbine would have. I'm actually thinking of doing the typical message board thing and making Sonic Turrbine Forum into Turbine City. Being a Sonic-based forum, I imagined it would ahve the typical assortment of sonic-y elements surrounding the city itself; Rolling hills of green, bespeckled with palm groves, a sparkling ocean in the backdrop broken by tall mountains and islands. And maybe some form of mystical-type ruins somewhere. That sort of thing.

So, based on these descriptions, what kind of objectives can we glean from our targets?

After seeing a somewhat recent topic on FDI, I've decided that I'm going to cancel the raid on them. There's too much drama on the board right now, and I think a raid of our type would only make the situation worse, and possibly endanger our own board.

So for the time being, I'm taking suggestions on alternate sites.

In the meantime, I'm plotting Objectives for the Sonic Turbine campaign. I'll put up my ideas as they present themselves.

Sign in to follow this