Sprite Wars
Sign in to follow this  
Storm Spotter Fox

The Great Raid News

D-Day's in 4 days folks.

Draco Strife has raised a good point. There's few enough people in our group that honestly, We could probably stand to just do one raid on Sonic Turbine as an experiment. So at this point in time, We're combining the front into one single attack on Turbine.

This brings us some good news and some bad news. First off, The good news is that we won't have to manage two fronts at once and elect a bunch of raid leaders. Second off, Being that Turbine was supposed to be a less serious raid, we can feel free to throw a little of humor into our comics to mix things up.

The bad news is this. Lemme get a hand count of who wants to be an aggressor in this raid.

And now lemme get a hand count of who wants to be noble and aid Turbine in defending themselves against our raid.

Ah ha. Thought so. For the most part, only Stu Alpha has expressed any interest in helping Turbine out, and in the interest of balance, He could probably use ONE other person to help him out.

The second piece of news that some of you may find bad is that this raid is also going to experiment with a PLOT DRIVEN Sprite Wars, kinda like Kalash made an attempt at before his grades became an issue, and he disappeared. I know that this makes the Great Raid highly dependant on a GM (Game Master), but it should help us to keep on track and not get tangled up in a bunch of distracting plot twists.

But the good side to this is that it will encourage us to coordinate our efforts and have one or two solid plans, rather than having every single person go off on their own tangents and create a billion different sub-plots to muck things up.

The Karon Empire Run by me I want to do the bad guying

Also what is the limit on mechs?

Mechs, tanks, etc. I'd like to keep them small and manageable. Something that can be worked with in small panels. So we're talking Sprite Wars Season 1 sized stuff here.

On another note, Keep our giant spaceships and airships and landships and giant things out of the game, or at least not in Xbox HUEG numbers. We're talking one or two huge ships tops. I'm aiming for a balanced game, and not a total rickroll. Same deal with Boss-type units. Most of the kiddies at Turbine are one-person armies, so let's not send them up against unbeatable odds by spamming our giant 6-piece panel-stretchers. At least in the beginning. Who knows how the game will progress, but I stand firm with my desire to keep things small this time around.

I'll be playing as rebels, since Morden really isn't that bad of a guy, I'll help defend.

Edit: on second thought, i'll do either. just ask.

Guess I'll take these few days to make some TAs or TA like units from gasaraki :o

It would probably be a good idea to contact the forum admins about what we plan to do, so they don't spazz out and ban us all when we "invade"

Well I was thinking we could have a NPC army that is the main force of Turbine city, but are on uneven footing with the other groups though fight for the good guys, but need to earn there trust. I was thinking GUN from sonic adventure 2 and Shadow the hedgehog

I was also thinking to make sure we don't overpower them that each faction starts off with there own 3 unique heroes

My army's only going to have two acting "heroes" and two other special characters that are there for plot purpose. But I like where you're going with that idea, Mike. Small forces are the name of this game, and Hero Spamming would unbalance the game, (Since hero-based forces are probably all that our opponents are going to have.

I've never really liked NPC armies as much, but with this plot-driven Sprite Wars, the GM might be able to use them for plot purposes, and to occasionally throw the Good Guys a bone. I'll consider throwing GUN, and perhaps the Turbine City Metropolitan Police in for NPC support.

Now, I do have one problem. This is a plot-based RP, But..... So far, I haven't figured out a specific plot for why there's an invasion going on in Turbine. I actually wanted to keep the Chaos Emeralds out of this plot, to avoid the same tired cliché, but in their absence, We need some other sort of motivation for the attack on Turbine.

As the...er.... self-appointed GM, I wanted to have the Eggman Empire forces play a part in the central plot, with the other opposing forces gleaning what they can from the invasion. I also planned on having the Eggman Empire forces being defeated towards the end, to allow things to go back to normal, but that's all I have right now. I still need to build the plot and plan a bunch of smaller missions of different importances, and I could really use everyone's help for that. I was planning on having battles play out in "episodes", like in a strategy or RPG.

Anyway, that's all I Have for now. Time to go off and get ready to work. Later guys.

Sign in to follow this