• Announcements

• Monstarules

Interstellar Registration is Open   08/10/2017

You've read it right! The SW Interstellar Campaign registration is now open! Check the Interstellar forum under The Sprite Wars.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mandemon

Mechwarrior 4: Merceneries For Free!

Didn't see topic for this yet, so I'm making this one:

MechWarrior 4: Merceneries is free. Yep, free. For those who wonder: Yes, it's an expansion pack, but it is also stand-alone, so you don't need original game.

We all love good mech games, and here is one of the originals. It's fully supported and thanks to it's age, it run smoothly even if your computer is a little old. Graphics look little bit odd, but who cares? Main point is blasting enemy mechs!

Single player is OK, altough I kinda wish it would be longer. You set up your own merc company and start taking missions during the FedCom Civil War. You can either do missions and eventualy join one of the sides or go to arena and become arena champion.

There is nice collection of mechs, dunno if it's all, but all important ones are there. Nothign beats piloting Atlast and beating shit out of defending enemy mechs. ESPECIALY when your both lances (total of you + 7 mechs) are all Atlas mechs.

Download is little bit complicated: you need to download MTX, install it and then download the game trough it. Don't worry, it works like torrent system so it's relative fast. It updates itseld automatically trough MTX when updates are released.

Haven't tried online game yet, need more training since I still have some problems beating AI. When I beat AI on hardest, I will appear to online.

Site:

http://www.mektek.net/projects/mw4/

MTX:

http://www.mektek.net/projects/mw4/download.html

Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MechWarrior_4:_Mercenaries

I had Mech4: Mercs on my computer a while back. Unfortunately, I lost one of the two installation disks needed to re-install it. It's a good solid game. I spent many days plotting my course through the stars, along with choosing the pendultimate question: Do you aligned with Steiner, or Davion?

Be sure that if you're going to play online, you download all the patches. If you download some of the fan-made mods, the patches should be included, but just in case, be sure to seek them out and install them.

*EDIT*

My mistake. Download all the patches first before you install the Mech Packs

I tried playing the game. The controls where too weird on a keyboard, and I couldn't get the controls to map properly on my xbox controller, so I gave up...

Ah yes, it's made for joystick. Well, I managed to made the controls fitting for laptop keyboard.

Look left -> Alt-2

Look right -> Alt-1

Turn torso right -> Right

Turn torso left -> Left

Turn torso up -> W

Turn Torso down -> S

Turn left -> A

Turn right -> D

Then I made shutdown/start up buttons to X (with shift and control for two other), light amplification to Z, zoom to B, allies to Q (with control and shift for help) and crosshair targeting to tab. Shooting weapons group I put into my del-home-pg up-pg dn-end-ins line.

I think thats all. Anyway, that's the way I play it.

i will be up for one one i get a configuration I can easily master