• Announcements

• Monstarules

Interstellar Registration is Open   08/10/2017

You've read it right! The SW Interstellar Campaign registration is now open! Check the Interstellar forum under The Sprite Wars.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PhuuiPhuui

X-Treme Legends Demo (Formerly Underspriters Rpg)

30 posts in this topic

Keep in mind that Medic Dom has more immunity than his other classes. Also, although Jim's force attacks ignore defense, Sentinel Phuui's rock-solid defense should keep him in tact if you use Hyper Guard ASAP and defend the rest of the turns. Be sure to keep him healed up with Dom.

*returns*

Agreed with Dan. Beats my ass faster than I can keep up (or have anough healing stuff).

Oh, and you might want to fix setup someway. I only get ????????? everywhere or asdfghj.

There's little I can do about that personally; it's the game's own template. At the very least, I added a "How to Install" text to go along with the install files.

Also, Jim clone is blocking the way to save points in both hotels. Not a game-breaker, but I did had to walk all the way back to Coffee House to save.

IN SPACE.

well he is supposed to be in the way...

wait a minute, you can walk into the steps next to the rails, you know; you can still save in the hotel

Welp, it would've helped if we got a little warning beforehand though. I got through using Rush with Dom and 500MP jerky spamming. It cost me an arm and a leg. =|

---

Double welp, I didn't stand a chance against Ali Be[EXPLODES]

---

Triple welp, I didn't stand a chance against a single mass of robots while taking storm's jo[EXPLODES]

---

Quintuple welp, I didn't stand a chance against that giant tig[EXPLODES]

---

Dear God, nerf the tiger. My party can't do a thing when it keeps spamming freeze attacks that kill everyone and turn the rest into perma-snowmen.

---Final Entry---

Beat obnoxiously-high-HP bosses during Storm's job. Go through dialogue that skips extremely fast. Get game over. Uh, okay. I think I'm done with this game.

Welp, it would've helped if we got a little warning beforehand though. I got through using Rush with Dom and 500MP jerky spamming. It cost me an arm and a leg. =|

---

Double welp, I didn't stand a chance against Ali Be[EXPLODES]

---

Triple welp, I didn't stand a chance against a single mass of robots while taking storm's jo[EXPLODES]

---

Quintuple welp, I didn't stand a chance against that giant tig[EXPLODES]

---

Dear God, nerf the tiger. My party can't do a thing when it keeps spamming freeze attacks that kill everyone and turn the rest into perma-snowmen.

---Final Entry---

Beat obnoxiously-high-HP bosses during Storm's job. Go through dialogue that skips extremely fast. Get game over. Uh, okay. I think I'm done with this game.

ugh! everybody keeps running into that bug.

i'll try seeing what i can do about that and see if i can find a work around

also, that tiger's a secret boss dealy; he's not supposed to be easy :V

if you're really intent on beating him, just bring trooper norm and milla and keep lobbing fire at it

http://nottarga.com/phuuistuff/XtremeLegendDemoFixed2.zip

Made a couple fixes for you guys.

- Made more NPCs that tell you more of the game's mechanics

- Made Storm's mission easier

- Replaced the Sunglasses in Storm's mission with a Kevlar Jacket

- Made it apparent that you can save on Dom and Phuui's computers

- Hopefully fixed the bug that made Storm's mission give the player a game over after beating one of the robots

To use your saves from one game to the other, just transfer the save file (i.e. Save01.lsd) from the first folder to the second. It should work like a charm.

I gotta say, well done Phuui. I haven't laughed while playing an RPG like that for a long time.

This brings back a lot of memories too. Some of the names on MSDB even I remember after so long.

I gotta say, well done Phuui. I haven't laughed while playing an RPG like that for a long time.

This brings back a lot of memories too. Some of the names on MSDB even I remember after so long.

Comments like these make me feel warm and fuzzy. Glad you enjoyed it, Draco!

So, a lot of you guys have been having a hard time surviving Jim... and well, here's what I had to do. But first of all, I spared no expenses getting the gear for the duo. Plus that 1,000 posts Allen drops (Phuui's Hyper Guard makes him invulnerable [At least until Phuui fixes it], at least on himself. Domino may get wrecked) should give you a big boost in purchasing powers. Also, here's my stat before the fight (No pre-battle grinding):

Phuui

Level: 8

Class: Sentinel

Arm: Gigantic Scab (+14 Attack, +30 Defense)

Side: Ptolman Pistol (+10 Attack)

Body: Trash Can Lids (+12 Defense, drop from Allen... I think?)

Head: None

Other: Novelty Ring (+9 All stats)

Final stat with equipment:

75 Attack

142 Defense

101 Skill

56 ...I forgot. Probably doesn't matter.

Domino

Level: 6

Class: Balance

Arm: Medical Gloves (+21 Attack, +5 Defense, +6 Skill)

Side: Medical Gloves (Ditto)

Body: Trash Can Lids (+12 Defense)

Head: Poo Poo Hat (Drop from QM mission)

Other: Novelty Ring (Ditto)

Final stat with equipment:

117 Attack

77 Defense

62 Skill

79 I forgot.

---

Alright, before the fight, get at least 5 buffalo jerkys, or whatever you got left. Sell any extraneous items (Such as Hot Sauce) if you have to, but they tend to help a lot should the boss decide to be a bigger dick.

Enter the fight, and immediately have Phuui cast Hyper Guard on himself and Defend next. Use Domino's placebo effect skill (You should have it by now, if you didn't change class in the middle of story) to soften the blow, and have Phuui throw those buffalo jerkys between each Defense. Phuui's Hyper Guard may not mean much against Jim's Force Push, but Defend should skill keep him alive to throw those jerkys, while Domino casts Placebo on Phuui.

Those buffalo jerkys should last long enough, and Dom has enough AP to keep himself going as well. You have to be fast on commands, though.

---

Alternatively, should you go with default classes for both (Like my first time), you can use Dom's Rush to quickly run the turn timer down (Which triggers eno). A little dangerous, since Jim can kill him very quickly if he wants to. I think I got lucky on that one, but I still pulled through. Again, jerky spam.

More fixed!

- You can now pick up the flower in the desert oasis and have it in your inventory.

- The demo's last boss can now be harmed if (s)he so desires to become defensive.

- Weakened Shoot Gasdrum.

- Halved Jim's attack power on both of his attacks.