• Announcements

• Monstarules

Interstellar Registration is Open   08/10/2017

You've read it right! The SW Interstellar Campaign registration is now open! Check the Interstellar forum under The Sprite Wars.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Underling

Prometheus

12 posts in this topic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alien_%28franchise%29#Prometheus_.28Alien_Prequel.29

http://screenrant.com/prometheus-alien-prequel-noomi-rapace-rob-96519/

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2011/02/11/prometheus-alien-michael-fassbender/

http://www.firstshowing.net/2011/ridley-scotts-alien-prequel-prometheus-ready-for-launch-in-2012/

So it seems Ridley Scott has been called back to direct a prequiel to the alien series. As many know, Ridley Scott was the director on the first film around the end of the 1970s so its good news to see some of the orginal team back instead of all the wannabies and posers who kept churning out questionble sequiels or those god damn AVP movies which need to die.

Maybe its a long way off with a possible release around 2012-2014.

Theres also rumors it may be a stand alone film, through some say its still connected to the universe, so who knows.

I heard about this a while back, I enjoyed some of Ridley Scott's films (Alien, of course, and Black Hawk Down) so I do think it's good news.

Sorry for the bump but since the movie was out, decided to revive this topic. I went to see it today and honestly I enjoyed it a great deal, it retconned the shitty AVP movies, tied in with alien pretty well, yet creating its own story at the same time. Don't listen to artmovie snobs, just go see it and judge it for yourselves.

Keep spoilers out of this topic for a while.

Enjoyed it. But felt like I learned fucking nothing about the jockeys.

Except for that they look cool... Thanks Ridley.

I have one thing to say

I <3 RIDLEY SCOTT

I love that movie and the story. ridley scott brought the alien universe back from the grave

This movie fucking suuuuuuuucked, seriously fuck this movie hard. I honestly left the damn theater because of how this movie pissed me off.

Please note everyone entitled to there opinion so if thi topic DOES get heated I am going to close it so please everyone had there opinion so if you like it that's fine if you didn't that's fine as well. just don't start getting on eachother's faces cause you think your opinion is the one true one. if it happens I WILL close this thread

This movie fucking suuuuuuuucked, seriously fuck this movie hard. I honestly left the damn theater because of how this movie pissed me off.

Top review, non bias, amazing grasp of shakespearean English, fully detailed as it talks about each scene of the movie bit by bit...But I jest don't take me seriously.

Honestly I loved the movie, it really brings the mythology and universe back into top form, after years of sub par cross overs, shameless sequels that ruined the series for many fans and honestly it felt pretty hopeless for the whole setting, but ridley Scott did a fantastic job going back into the series, taking on a different section of the universe and digging into some unanswered questions from the first alien movie.

Is the movie without flaws? Of course not there are flaws in this film, some holes and of course questions that remain unanswered but thats what I like, the movie doesn't throw everything at you at once, it makes you think on things and keeps a layer of suspense to the universe.

I believe alot of people where pissed off because it wasn't an alien movie, not had some "Boo gonna jump out and kill you!!" Shock scenes every minute, but that was the point and people miss it. Ridley said time and time again this is "not an alien movie." it only shares strands of aliens DNA and the people whining that it was not alien or had everything alien had need to honestly just chill the fuck out.

I salute Ridley scott for doing something different and being bold about where he took this series. Hollywood decaying and only wants endless generic horror movies with "Boo jump scare!" rather than a story, and the team behind this challenged that bullshit and gave us a movie that had some of the horror elements people wanted but added a tight layer of mythology back into a dying setting that has been raped by a bunch of hack directors and god awful cross over monster mash movies that blew chunks.

Sadly of course some people will still hate on this film because it wasn't alien or aliens and not get into...but haters gonna hate.

You know ironically, people panned blade runner and alien when they first came out in there eras, before the movies grew on them...true story.

Also SFdebris did a fantastic review of the first alien film http://blip.tv/sf-debris-opinionated-reviews/alien-review-part-1-6191679

Top review, non bias, amazing grasp of shakespearean English, fully detailed as it talks about each scene of the movie bit by bit...But I jest don't take me seriously.

Honestly I loved the movie, it really brings the mythology and universe back into top form, after years of sub par cross overs, shameless sequels that ruined the series for many fans and honestly it felt pretty hopeless for the whole setting, but ridley Scott did a fantastic job going back into the series, taking on a different section of the universe and digging into some unanswered questions from the first alien movie.

Is the movie without flaws? Of course not there are flaws in this film, some holes and of course questions that remain unanswered but thats what I like, the movie doesn't throw everything at you at once, it makes you think on things and keeps a layer of suspense to the universe.

I believe alot of people where pissed off because it wasn't an alien movie, not had some "Boo gonna jump out and kill you!!" Shock scenes every minute, but that was the point and people miss it. Ridley said time and time again this is "not an alien movie." it only shares strands of aliens DNA and the people whining that it was not alien or had everything alien had need to honestly just chill the fuck out.

I salute Ridley scott for doing something different and being bold about where he took this series. Hollywood decaying and only wants endless generic horror movies with "Boo jump scare!" rather than a story, and the team behind this challenged that bullshit and gave us a movie that had some of the horror elements people wanted but added a tight layer of mythology back into a dying setting that has been raped by a bunch of hack directors and god awful cross over monster mash movies that blew chunks.

Sadly of course some people will still hate on this film because it wasn't alien or aliens and not get into...but haters gonna hate.

You know ironically, people panned blade runner and alien when they first came out in there eras, before the movies grew on them...true story.

Also SFdebris did a fantastic review of the first alien film http://blip.tv/sf-debris-opinionated-reviews/alien-review-part-1-6191679

you__re_so_cute_by_rarityfan-d4fr2c3.jpg

People aren't hating this movie because it's not aliens, they hate it because it just sucks. The plot sucks, the characters suck (aside from the robot who is supposed to be the badguy), the entire bullshit of religion vs science was a huge load of bull. This movie honestly is the final damn nail in the coffin of the Alien franchise, and the guy who killed it was Scotty himself. Also SOME holes? There are holes the size of a damn blackhole.