Sprite Wars
Sign in to follow this  
MikeMurdock

Help Stop The American Cencordship Bill

If this goes through, Sunrise is gonna have my ass. The fact is, we ALL have something to lose from this bill, whether we know it or not.

Well, if youtube has copyraighted material, they are most likely going to get blocked. As well as anyone who linked to those videos, that means us, Tv Tropes, 90% of internet...

I would normally bonk Mike over the head for linking true captalist radio/Ghost but for this one time, I happen to agree with Ghost on a common goal.

As for the Jeepers media video, spread it!

So, Wikipedia is considering going dark in protest of PIPA and SOPA. Reddit has already pledged to do so as well, but the impact a staple like Wikipedia would have would probably be just the thing to get the word out to the general populace about internet censorship.

Support the blackout here.

My intrepetaion of the entire debate on this in congress;

Congress Leader Guy: Ok, i think we heard enough about this. Will agree on this bill. What about you, Opposition? Anything to say?

Opposition: ...

Congress Leader Guy: No? Ok we'll approve it n-

Janitor: Uhm ... why's Opposition's volume set to mute?

The SOPA Supporters: *whistles innocently*

-The Janitor cranks the volume up and everyone's blown away with Opposition really loud voices-

-Congress Leader Guy is disappointing and rids the bill and the SOPA Supporters entirely-

The End =D

I just had the urge to paraphrase Winston Churchill. However, I think this is pretty relevant.

When corporate America pushed through the DMCA, long ago, I'd like to think they were told by someone, "there are bitter weeds on the internet."

Certainly there have been a great many more of them, since SOPA and PIPA were proposed.

So I have in myself full confidence that if all do their duty, and nothing is neglected, and if the best arrangements are made, as they are being made, we shall prove ourselves once more able to defend our freedom of speech and expression, to ride out the storm of corporate oppression, and to outlive the menace of intellectual tyranny, if necessary for years, if necessary, alone.

At any rate that is what we are going to try to do. That is the will of us all, every one of us. That is the resolve of free people of all political viewpoints. The denizens of the internet, linked together in our cause and in our need, will defend to the death our creative freedom, aiding each-other as comrades to the utmost of our strength. We will go on to the end. We shall fight in the House, we shall fight in the Senate, we shall fight in the polls and on the phone lines, we shall fight, with growing confidence and growing strength on the front page! We shall defend our internet, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the petitions, we shall fight on the streets to spread the word, we shall fight on the forums, and in the instant messengers. We shall fight in the blog posts. We shall NEVER surrender; and if, which I do not for a moment believe, this internet, or a large part of it, was subjugated under the boot-heel of one or both of these bills, or their descendants, then I believe our comrades abroad, armed and aided by as many of us as can rally, would carry on the struggle, until in time, the old world, with all its people and creative thought, stepped forth to the rescue and the liberation of the new.