• Announcements

• Monstarules

Interstellar Registration is Open   08/10/2017

You've read it right! The SW Interstellar Campaign registration is now open! Check the Interstellar forum under The Sprite Wars.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Cassavates

Black Ops 2

19 posts in this topic

Say what you will about the franchise as a whole or about individual games of the series or Treyarch but in my humble opinion they don't really get the respect they probably should deserve, disregarding Black Ops, and the games they've made for CoD have always been treated like a orphan with most fans. I liked CoD 2: Big Red One and World at War, CoD 3 sucked and I didn't care too much for Black Ops, but ignoring the fact it may have been because of fanboys, Black Ops managed to be a top seller for a consecutive year, now that's saying something.

So after the snooze-fest of Modern Warfare 3 and just the overall sense of boredom from the franchise as a whole, when I first heard about Black Ops 2 I couldn't have given less of a shit if I tried. But then I saw the reveal trailer and it sparked some interest.

Hmm, how about that? I had mentioned in a previous topic regarding the Call of Duty franchise that if it wanted to stick around any longer that it would need to do something different, and what do you know? They're trying something different.

From what I understand from the trailer and this article from Kotaku, most of the game takes place in the 2020s where some dickbag has hijacked the US and the Chinese's robotic military technology and turned it against their owners in order to start an actual war from the fictional "Second Cold War" that the US and China are in, and then there's another storyline set during the later part of the 20th century (I think the 80's) still following Mason, Hudson, and Weaver from the first Black Ops. It would also seem that Woods is still alive and retelling the events of said 80's missions and all, if only for a reprieve from what people think will just be I, Robot the video game.

And that's another thing, the bitching's already started! Besides all the typical Call of Duty hate now people are complaining about it being set in 2025 (mostly) and having to deal with robots and shit and that most of futuristic looking technology makes it look like a Star Wars wannabe or a rip-off of Tom Clancy or what have you. I already mentioned at one point about people complaining about it being too similar over and over again, and now when the series tries to do something different, they complain about that! Either make up your damn minds about what to complain about or shut the fuck up and play something else. But in all honesty (and I don't think the music in the trailer helped any) if you were to compare the 2025 world to anything, it'd probably be more like Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I'm not saying it's trying to rip it off, it's far too early to tell, but y'all can believe whatever you want to.

Now I'm trying not to sound like a fanboy, because I'm not, and I won't say "THIS GAME IS GONNA BE SO AWSUM /)^3^(\!!!!!!" because I could only prove that by playing it (which is impossible because it's not out yet) and even then it'd only be my opinion. But I will say if they do it correctly, then Black Ops 2 might just be what the franchise needs to stay alive, and it could open up more possibilities for branching out, doing something different besides a futuristic Earth. Here's to hoping the game's actually pretty decent.

Now by all means discuss the game, but keep it civil. Thank you.

If you're grouping me in with the bitching, I wasn't. I was honestly gobmacked. I'm waiting for actual game footage to see if it may be worth having a look into. Until then, the trailer is pretty decent.

Huh, CoD with robots and mechs. Well, this can go either awesome or just suck balls. I mean, we had a game before which went into the future i.e Battlefield, and this might work. But, I kinda hoped it would be set more in the 80's, like say the Korean War, maybe some more black ops stuff.

Huh, CoD with robots and mechs. Well, this can go either awesome or just suck balls. I mean, we had a game before which went into the future i.e Battlefield, and this might work. But, I kinda hoped it would be set more in the 80's, like say the Korean War, maybe some more black ops stuff.

There IS supposed to be a part in the 1980s, following the crew from the first game. I think that's where the horse-riding part from the trailer is from and that part looks like it'd be in Afghanistan, which will probably give it an opportunity for a big Rambo III reference.

And Dempsey, I wasn't referring to you at all.

the body scanners remind me VERY much of Total recall.

Anyway i'm on the fence with soldius could be really good or suck. then again i was never a huge fan of the CoD games ,but this could turn around if it's good

Well ... bitchers gotta bitch. This is the same thing that happened to C&C. Same core gameplay for like ever and then C&C 4 came out and everyone is still bitching.

... Humans.

Well ... bitchers gotta bitch. This is the same thing that happened to C&C. Same core gameplay for like ever and then C&C 4 came out and everyone is still bitching.

... Humans.

Yeaaaah....Only problem is that C&C4 just sucked balls plain and simple. I mean, bad gameplay be damned, the story was just a piece of garbage.

Call of Duty: Future Warfare.

And how the hell did Woods manage to age so well?

Probably because of SCIENCE!

My question isn't how did he age well...

My question is WHY IS HE AGED AT ALL? I SAW THE FUCKER DIE.