Sprite Wars

Why are you living with these people if they treat you like shit? Get out of there.

I have to question my self On that, but it seems to boil down to "catch 22"

I'm a Autist, and 17, meaning I "need" a caretaker, by law.

This leaves us with two options, My dad (it not that he the worst person in the world, but well-intentions (and rigid thinking) is the quickest way to hell it seems), and my step brother (same mother, different father), who thanks to ending up in a perpetual state of what I'm dealing with now, means he can't care for me (he has no job, and it seems like when ever he tries to get one, or do anything to try to support himself for that matter, the gods of fate say to themselves "MAKE HIM AND ALL HE CARES FOR SUFFER!!!") at the moment (he still tries to get one, he trying out for a interview in two weeks. the end goal is to get a home in the norther area by the canadian-US boarder) .

The only source of any financial support needed for vitals, education, counseling, AND a future home? This screwed up family I'm with.

It wasn't like this all the time either, everything was fine till mum died, then everything nosedived. I didn't notice it at first, your suppose to move on right, it what she would of wanted? However, nothing much seems to be improving. Sure, Consoling for 'conditions' and future life are helping, but dad is being stingy on college money. He saying I should wait a year before entering (College payment and contrived rules messed up my half brother education and future plans), but seeing how the world is today, you are either on the steam roller, or apart of the road. Either enter as soon as I can or find a job that deals with my skills I need before the field of technology runs off without me.

I know of something that can help you if u move to LA, where i am, I know of a program provided by LAUSD, aka the Los Angles Unified School District, or the government that enables you to get money for like paying for rent on your house and stuff if u have a developmental disability. Who knows what will happen when you make it to collage. Just a thought besides lots of cons come through the area and steam punk conventions.

I know of something that can help you if u move to LA, where i am, I know of a program provided by LAUSD, aka the Los Angles Unified School District, or the government that enables you to get money for like paying for rent on your house and stuff if u have a developmental disability. Who knows what will happen when you make it to collage. Just a thought besides lots of cons come through the area and steam punk conventions.

I live as far away form LA as possible (midwest), and I'm planning on going to the E.U. (the European Union) when I get the chance.

I see people on Nexusmod forums complaining about the lack of news for months on the mod "New vegas bounties III". I'll admit, I too am annoyed by the lack of updates from Someguy2000. I'll also admit that if they think it's tough waiting for the last chapter in a badass mod series is tough, they don't know Sh*t!

For example, try waiting almost EIGHT months for the return of the image-hosting website of choice for 90% of the users on your favorite site (including you), the offlining of which has resulted in the inability to access hundreds of images relating to the very fabric of the site's history, thus rendering many aspects of the community complete mysteries and riddles to new members. (Excluding the parts of the communities history that had already fallen victim to this due to certain other reasons.) Adding to this confusion, the currently offline site has a sister site hosted by the same people, which is catered specifically towards legos. This site was normally offline when the other site went offline, but is currently alive and well, and the owners won't answer any emails sent to them.

That's right, it's the great majhost "down for maintenance" dry spell that's pissing me off about now, and BOOOOY, am I getting tired of this.

I remember the way my heart lit up last September, when I saw how there had been an update to the search script which allowed the site to show new stuff from after February of 2012. I was filled with excitement at seeing my stuff be among the "Recent folders" category. I remember shrugging my shoulders in acceptance upon seeing majhost being "Down for maintenance" at the dawn of the year...

then the DFM time went on...

and on...

Yet somehow I still have hope. I still think there will be an end to this blight.

I said once that it had something to do with some kind of mass restoration of previously deleted files. And that really seems like one possible explanation. That or they're being really slothful fixing whatever's wrong with the servers. A huge layout restructuring seems highly unlikely, else Brickshelf would be down too. Brickshelf has a facebook page, why don't they update it? There's even a comment on one of their updates saying "What the hell happened to majhost?" We WANT answers, and we want our files back, brickshelf owners.

I see people on Nexusmod forums complaining about the lack of news for months on the mod "New vegas bounties III". I'll admit, I too am annoyed by the lack of updates from Someguy2000. I'll also admit that if they think it's tough waiting for the last chapter in a badass mod series is tough, they don't know Sh*t!

For example, try waiting almost EIGHT months for the return of the image-hosting website of choice for 90% of the users on your favorite site (including you), the offlining of which has resulted in the inability to access hundreds of images relating to the very fabric of the site's history, thus rendering many aspects of the community complete mysteries and riddles to new members. (Excluding the parts of the communities history that had already fallen victim to this due to certain other reasons.) Adding to this confusion, the currently offline site has a sister site hosted by the same people, which is catered specifically towards legos. This site was normally offline when the other site went offline, but is currently alive and well, and the owners won't answer any emails sent to them.

That's right, it's the great majhost "down for maintenance" dry spell that's pissing me off about now, and BOOOOY, am I getting tired of this.

I remember the way my heart lit up last September, when I saw how there had been an update to the search script which allowed the site to show new stuff from after February of 2012. I was filled with excitement at seeing my stuff be among the "Recent folders" category. I remember shrugging my shoulders in acceptance upon seeing majhost being "Down for maintenance" at the dawn of the year...

then the DFM time went on...

and on...

Yet somehow I still have hope. I still think there will be an end to this blight.

I said once that it had something to do with some kind of mass restoration of previously deleted files. And that really seems like one possible explanation. A huge layout restructuring seems highly unlikely, else Brickshelf would be down too. Brickshelf has a facebook page, why don't they update it? There's even a comment on one of their updates saying "What the hell happened to majhost?" We WANT answers, and we want our files back, brickshelf owners.

Who want to start a riot? I heard IGN is also pissed, as well as birkwars. We could call Enemy Mine, swarming brickshelf.

Also, This is the very reason I called for a reboot. Basically were a sprite comic forum without sprite comics.

Hmm, I recall seeing an IGN boards thread expressing frustration over majhost's long absence, but I didn't think the outrage was great on more than that one thread.

Here's a little tidbit you all will find interesting: a while back I made a folder dedicated to DH Kaiserreich screenshots with a description along the lines of "Note to brickshelf owners: were majhost still online, I would not need to post these here. A day or two later that folder, and a folder I had used for humorous motivational posters, were deleted...

And I do agree, the dubious distinction of being a sprite comic forum without sprites or comics needs to be rectified posthaste. Not necessarily in the form of a reboot right off the bat, but starting out, it would be good to relink various urls to the Dropbox account.

Oh, while I'm on the subject, get a load of this:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=555835

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/search.cgi?q=majhost&stype=fi

You know what grinds my gears? Getting told off, getting treated badly, getting blamed for other people shit, getting treated like a dog, having no ownership over my own stuff, then telling the aggressor there being a ass and them saying "No, you" and them basically telling me "But you like getting treated like bitch" and "I can't see reality since I live in my own world"

I don't live in my own world, more often then not me and my stuff is someone personal chew toy.

You know the expression "talking to a brick wall?", I'm in a case of "getting talk to by a prison wall."

I funking hate angish by the by, but some things must be told.

I'm sometimes a little annoyed by the nature of the current web archiving scene.

Now, I won't dodge giving credit where credit is due: wayback machine is good in this regard. There archive of militaryphotos.net, for example, has far exceeded my expectations. But at the same time I'm rather off-put: they say that they've got crawlers actively going around the web in addition to the ability for users to save pages onto their database. Well then, if there's a site that's on whatever radar the crawlers use to detect websites, which also lacks robots.txt, what prevents that site from being archived more?

Archives must be as complete as possible for maximum effect, last I checked, and yet, I see many a "We don't have that there page archived 'cause no-one on the entire earth ever saved it" redirect. And If a site that's not on Alexa internet's list (which should presumably be collecting data from those sites dedicated to showing the views and other statistics of websites) is archived by a user, shouldn't that site be added to the crawler's detection system?

Sprite wars, for example, doesn't seem to be on Alexa internet's list. (Yet Majhost and MP.net, both websites that went down, are there). However, wayback machine has Sprite wars saved in it's database as early as 2007. If that initial save came from a user, shouldn't that have sent the message to the crawlers telling them to crawl the site as well. Yes this is a small site, I know, but that's the thing! Smaller sites can be/could've been more easily archived in their entirety! The more I think about it the more I think thing would make sense if knew the ratio of pages saved by real people an pages saved by the crawlers.

I mean, if a site's among the top 5000 visited globally, it's probably going to get archived by enough of a fraction of the visitors to be render them unnecessary.

Another thing, why do some picture that are posted directly onto a site and not linked from an image-hosting site get saved. And on that note, why do not all the images linked from another site get saved on whatever page there posted on. That's one thing I noticed a lot when I was going through the Militaryphotos.net. archives.

I'd also like to know what's up with the other archiving sites. Because surely, if there's multiple websites crawling and archiving the internet's data that focus on nation-specific domains or presumably overlap with other, more general archiving sites crawling work, one can go through all the data amassed by these many groups and find lots of seemingly lost pages!

...Right?

To sum up my current situation in terms of technological equipment: Shit.

My PC had a few 'minor' issues. At first, my Midgardians (Space Vikings) reappeared. I had accidently deleted the concepts a few months ago.

I think: "Nice! I thought they were lost forever!" and saved them on an externous medium to not lose them again.

Then, later that day my Dvarga (Dwarves) prototypes vanished without trace as I tried to save them afer doing some editing. (I use 'forge' sheets that include scraps of everything I 'might' need for the sprites I'm currently working on, using different layers to not overpaint them).

And promptly lost all progress of long-bearded and stocky greatness.

The day after that, as I I turned the PC on, I had quite a shock: ALL files saved on the computer were gone. Games, Music, Videos, Images, Sprites, EVERYTHING!

I pulled from data carriers together what I could (thankfully the novel I'm writing was among the saved data, as well as my Sabaton albums), and now start at zero again...

And I brought my PC to my local expert. He said it would run smoothly now, but he doesn't know what could have caused this mess.