Sprite Wars
Sign in to follow this  
Tallran

"login Required"

I don't know where to post this so, please move the thread if this is not the place.

So, I was going through some old pages when I got this:
http://i.imgur.com/htnqC7O.jpg
Obviously a Swedish "star goddess"-blog should not be asking for my credentials when I am browsing Spritewars.

Run MalwareBytes and try to kill whatevers causing this. Probably some kind of virus/scam.

The thing is that it only happens when I try to open GC Regen's discussion topic on page 29, so It shouldn't be anything on my computer, unless no one else gets pop ups like that when viewing that page.

Hang on hang on, I was just on the page for some reason not logged in and above the shout box was some red wording about logging in or making an account free today! Something also mentioning special access to things initially I figured this is referring to as being a member and having access to the sprite page, is this normal?

Guest Vasili

Also, that's either Danish or Norwegian, not Swedish. I am Vasili, thank you for your time.

On topic; Im not experiencing anything out of the ordinary on page 29 myself.

Also, that's either Danish or Norwegian, not Swedish. I am Vasili, thank you for your time.

On topic; Im not experiencing anything out of the ordinary on page 29 myself.

The blog that the link leads to is Swedish (Ends in ".se" and "stjarn" is "stjerne" in Norwegian/Danish), the login request's text is in Norwegian Nynorsk since that is what my firefox is set to, it would be saying the same in Swahili if I had it set to that.

Yeah, this isn't a result of Malware on our computers, I scanned my computer with both Malwarebytes and Avast and they found nothing.

Very Simple. The host that Zigge was posting his images from now requires a login/pass to view the direct link to it. I have edited out the link.

I also just checked the database, it's the only place where that URL is used, so all should be well.