• Announcements

• Monstarules

Interstellar Registration is Open   08/10/2017

You've read it right! The SW Interstellar Campaign registration is now open! Check the Interstellar forum under The Sprite Wars.
Underling

Global 2 Disscussion

147 posts in this topic

Ok. At the moment, the TF100/X is getting close to taking the main Liberalis command center in Okinawa. As for the rest of the invasion of Japan, I'm not sure whats happening yet. I do know, however, that Mike is working on taking Hokkaido. When/if the Task Force eventually takes Okinawa, I'll be moving to assist in Hokkaido.

Here's a list of ships in the navy task force

US Navy Task Force 5 ship list/statuses

USS Essex (LHD-2) - Currently engaging the small enemy space fleet

USS Bainbridge (DDG-96) - Assisting land operations

USS Ramage(DDG-61) - !!Moderate damage!! - Currently engaging the small enemy space fleet

USS Lyndon B. Johnson(DDG-1002) - Currently engaging small enemy space fleet

USS Allentown(LCS 4) - !!Sunk!!

USS John F. Kennedy(CV-67) - Currently assisting IOT operations in Hokkaido

USS Zumwalt(DDG-1001) - Currently assisting IOT operations in Hokkaido

USS Wasp(LHD-1) - Currently assisting IOT operations in Hokkaido

USS Missourri(BB-63) - Currently assinsing IOT operations in Hokkaido

I have updated the following sheets in my dropbox

Voltor slaughterguard now have a heavy DM machine gunner

Sea lurker has been altered

Sea Lurker now has a new bg, please use this one in future.

I added the duckren pirate clans to the Misc army sheet and a document on all the information of the MISC armies in that folder

hay uhhhhhh solidus u still working on my comic you haven't responded to my pms

Well, for once I didn' GET any of your PM's (no seriously, my inbox is empty) and yeah I'd say you can just do your next move. I've been pretty much out of the ball, due to lots of work piling up on me (seriously, one would think during summer there would be less work), so yeah with that in mind sorry for not telling you sooner, I totally fucked up.

sorry about the double post but mike we need to talk and this is just so what I'm planing doesn't interfere with anything your doing now and i think u will like it. please pm me

also solidus im out of ideas for the moment of how i can make whats going to happen so i need to do something else to jog my memory i just want to let you know that i still am up for our little fight that we just started.

fine... you can pm me. i'm going to bed

I want to call out metagaming here, not starting drama everythings cool but blowing my guys up in a cheap one panel comic like that is bullshit. and having a spy satalite that can know every unit, faction, COs location and conversations on at the planet at anytime and can focus in on all of them at once is pretty hax if you ask me and this is coming from the person with a massive AI system that can control and engineer media as well as censor TCs parts of the net and block out enemy interfearence which is ahead of human tech by a long shot.

Plus the xenomechs are a highly advanced faction they are not stupid enough to just jabber openly around bugging, potentional secruity leaks etc nor do they talk like Bender from futurama.

Let's even go over the semantics here.

1: It just happened to be focused on a random merchant ship out at sea at the "right time"

2: You don't know what's going on with that ship since there is little informaiton, they could be controlling crew to maintain cover.

3: Taking on a powerful group of units in a cheap one/two panel comic is pretty iffy.

4: Blowing up a ship without even investgating it first is pretty poor behavior for peacekeepers in general.

5: Xenomechs have advanced jamming technology and are good at blending in if they need to.

6: you just one hit killed the dudes that wiped the worldbuilders out, that's just uhh what?(They are not unkillable but it pretty much derailed what could have been a neat side arc)

Here's my argument Ms. Shiki.

A spy satellite grid can cross over the entire planet every few minutes. We do not know everyone, or who the heck is where, but we know where some people definitely are. Now, since an invasion was being planned, a detachment of forces were already on their way to New Guinea. The satellites noticed a boat that had been previously moving was now dead in the water, and no longer sending out radio signals (in the middle of an invasion zone, no less). And since I have some seafaring experience, merchant ships are REQUIRED by every company under the sun to have emergency power and communications, and even satellite phones. On a transocean crossing, like this merchant ship was on, they would have been put to use if the boat was dead in the water and people were alive. This sparked interest in a ship, which happened to be nearby. Not saying that this happened immediately either. It could have been moving over the course of a few minutes, few hours, or even a day to intercept it. The destroyer is faster than the merchant ship as well, I might add, and the strange behavior warrented an investigation. A scan on the ship showed no movement, prompting even more curiousity. Now you could say this is bullshit (and this is the real bullshit in question): a ship happening to be nearby. I could have easily maneuvered an orbital strike ship, or sent an attack jet from a carrier to the exact same effect. Also, going with the "blowing up the ship is not a peacekeeper thing", we obviously attempted to make the ship identify itself, and told the ship we'd destroy it. Now since I'm not familiar with how the Xenomechs act, I pictured them as sadistic and slightly robotic. As for the blending technology, still suspicious information beforehand, and we didn't detect any signals (since they were "cloaked" by the xenomech transmitters). Now the scrubbiest thing to do was kill them in a few panels...well shit, a freaking 15 inch gun explosion could kill any spritewars characters, or maim them severely enough that they wouldn't be able to escape from environment/pursuers.

And to top it off, I highly doubt there are just 2.

In other news, I was waiting for someone to finally make a comic someplace near there so I could attempt to try and push something out of somebody. I posted the comic to also let FOps and MajorSwift I was still waiting on them for their respective comics on things.