Sprite Wars
MikeMurdock

Proposed Idea: Time Limit On Comics

Currently the campaign has been going super slow on the GC side and maybe of the members I talked to are not happy that this delay is killing off plots they are working on with others and even prevent them from using there characters.

This idea was proposed by one of our members Silver_wulf

We thought of giving people a 1-2 week period to do a comic if if it's a short one in order to speed up and end plots that been holding on for too long.

What happens if you don't respond :then the active player can auto resolve it with a comic. you can ask another player if there available to do something for there army or plot ,but that is the plan.

I know this comic is for fun and stuff ,but many of us would like to get some plots done and not wait months on end just to continue.

This is a safe place and this is for the global so far since color coated is just a fun time comic . You can speak here . what are you thought you like the idea? you hate it?

I really think this puts a strain on the people who, under circumstances which they can't control, are busy with their life or work. I mean, who knows what will happen to them in the future, in their lives?

I get that we want to speed things up, but I think this would only turn the campaign into a chore. We don't want that to happen, it takes away all the fun out of it.

I like the idea, I'm over waiting on several members, not to mention leaving abruptly when so many changes had to be made prior.

I have played many campaigns and made my own and every time something is about to happen there is always something to cut it off. I realize we have lives of our own and I do wait- but how many of us here spend a few good hours on the PC?

A comic shouldn't have to take months to make.

My only concern is having to do the work for everyone, it's not exactly fair on us having to do someone else' job. I have contributed to many campaigns, big ones too and just about every time something big happens it is cut short. These comic RPs are supposed to be a community effort. Its hardly fun for a select few to fill in for everyone all the time.

I'm liking this idea. I've made several comics so far, but haven't gotten responses.

I really think this puts a strain on the people who, under circumstances which they can't control, are busy with their life or work. I mean, who knows what will happen to them in the future, in their lives?

I get that we want to speed things up, but I think this would only turn the campaign into a chore. We don't want that to happen, it takes away all the fun out of it.

As much as it may seem like a strain, its better to have some accountability to show you care for something you want to be involved in. Two weeks is more than enough time, even with life and work causing interruptions, its so people who put a lot of time and effort into their comics can get a response and move on so they don't end up losing interest.

The idea is to let those who take time to put a comic forward have something to look forward to, if a person posts a scene and someone responds, then the person has the same amount of time to post theirs in. if someone doesn't post within the time limit, then the original poster can advance their story and once more give the person 1-2 weeks to respond.

This doesn't make this into a chore, rather it turns it into a project people want to work on, and like most projects there is always a deadline. As much as people want to have fun, you still have those who take it passionately and want to get responses for the comics they post up.

I support this idea 100%. I know I've been horrible in responding to a bunch of you guys so at least this'll keep things moving (or hopefully motivate me to stop being a lazy bastard so often).

I support this idea 100%. I know I've been horrible in responding to a bunch of you guys so at least this'll keep things moving (or hopefully motivate me to stop being a lazy bastard so often).

HE'S BACK!!! HE'S BACK. TIE HIM DOWN AND FORCE HIM TO MAKE OUR COMICS

While my voice doesn't count much (I haven't posted ANY comics yet, and feel very bad about that fact) I want to throw my opinion in:

To be honest, my fist reaction was a negative one. But that's not the case anymore, as some posts above me state: A project needs a deadline.

I support this idea of a deadline, but I want to add something. If a player can clearly state why he can't post his comic before the deadline comes down (the word 'before' is important), there won't be penalties and they get another week, maximum.

If a player doesn't post a comic before the deadline and can't state why he couldn't, the hammer comes down.

I agree mike I'm just having a hard time getting a response from solidus I hope this can rectify that. On another note i understand what Ivan is talking about it can be hard for some with a full time job and when you come home all of your creative energy is sapped it can be very hard to make a comic.

Personally i think a person should be able to ask for an extension if we are having serious time isues or the comic is so big that it may be taking a while.