Sprite Wars
Sign in to follow this  
MikeMurdock

Microsoft Forcing Windows 10 To Install

http://www.extremetech.com/computing/222326-look-out-microsoft-shifts-windows-10-to-recommended-update-automatic-download

Yeah it seems they changed upgrading to windows 10 from optional to a recommended update. In short there going to make you have windows 190 wither you want to or not. If you have windows 7 or 8 I recommend following the steps to disable recommend updates so you don't wake up with 10 instead of 7

When they first started having that thing stuck on the task bar I immediately sorted the issue out. So I shouldn't have this issue unless it's entirely new.

I have to ask, how bad is windows 10 again? I know it forced which is bad, but I'm talking about the actual service.

Put it simply, it's Microsoft trying to be like apple with it's apps etc. I've used it on my brothers laptop for a while and it's horrible in my opinion- the way it's laid out and such is just so bizarre.

Unless you are someone who uses a Mac or tablet etc, it might be your thing- but for someone who wants a desktop to be a desktop, I'd recommend staying on 7,8 or Xp for that matter.

In all respect- it's very different, and I heard there was also problems with comparability with software we still use today including some video games.

Around mid last year I remember sorta there was a time when a windows 10 icon would appear on the task bar. Clicking on it or whatever would activate adware prompting your computer to download and eventually turn for windows 10. Luckily for me I went through a method I found online that killed the service indefinitely so that I can never be bothered by it again. I would link it to whoever wants to be rid of it, but I no longer have it handy amongst the millions of bookmarks I have.

Put it simply, it's Microsoft trying to be like apple with it's apps etc. I've used it on my brothers laptop for a while and it's horrible in my opinion- the way it's laid out and such is just so bizarre.

Unless you are someone who uses a Mac or tablet etc, it might be your thing- but for someone who wants a desktop to be a desktop, I'd recommend staying on 7,8 or Xp for that matter.

In all respect- it's very different, and I heard there was also problems with comparability with software we still use today including some video games.

Around mid last year I remember sorta there was a time when a windows 10 icon would appear on the task bar. Clicking on it or whatever would activate adware prompting your computer to download and eventually turn for windows 10. Luckily for me I went through a method I found online that killed the service indefinitely so that I can never be bothered by it again. I would link it to whoever wants to be rid of it, but I no longer have it handy amongst the millions of bookmarks I have.

Forcing bad software...what the cliche phase that is needed here...

That just terrible. :angry:

I got Windows 10 and... I don't see where the bad rep comes. It's miles better than Windows 8 and a lot more efficient than Win 7, with several improved things, like HOLY SHIT SEPARATE DESKTOPS FOR DIFFERENT PURPOSES!

I got Windows 10 and... I don't see where the bad rep comes. It's miles better than Windows 8 and a lot more efficient than Win 7, with several improved things, like HOLY SHIT SEPARATE DESKTOPS FOR DIFFERENT PURPOSES!

Nothing WRONG with Win10, but the practice seems dodgy, and there's some pesky questionable security issues, but ultimately, some people simply don't like change.

Now, for me, I'm not sure if my tablet will survive the upgrade, ie it's not OFFICIALLY supported on Win10 and I am not going to drop money to buy myself a tablet that does.

I have actually witnessed popups from Window's 10 on our families computer. Upgrade at your own risk.

I like change, I just don't like the changes Windows 10 offers.

It's also kinda garnered a few notorious bugs - it feels like it wasn't tested fully. A particularly common/popular one is that sometimes the Start button just plain stops working when Windows 10 updates. And it's really infuriating to fix since the main way to fix it is to access things most easily accesible from the Start menu.