Sprite Wars
Sign in to follow this  
Dhalo

The Gates Are Open! (And How We Messed Up.)

When Sprite Wars elected new staff in 2017, we anticipated an influx of members and activity across the site. The Sprite Wars Discord server grew increasingly popular and our efforts reached people on Deviantart, where the Sprite Wars group is also decently sized. But the forum did not receive an activity boost.

Members were unable to register due to an error in the security question. Even when answered correctly, it did not let new members join. I have memories of asking the developer Player1 what happened and if it can be fixed, but those turned out to be false memories. My memories also say Monstarules thought the same thing. At least two members of the staff ran on the false notion that we had gone through our command structure and found no solution to the problem.

I talked with veterans and spoke with at least one ex-staff, and they didn't know what was going on. Theories circulated. Were we sabotaged? Or did the site's format snap and get broken forever? But the solution was simple: I actually asked Player1. The solution? Remove the security question and the Captcha. The site registry works now.

As exciting as this is, I am also humiliated and ashamed. There's no covering my butt over this and I will not cover anyone else's. I'm also not going to resign over a mistake. That's that.

New members can now register and join in on the War That Never Ends!

Sprite Wars Logo.png