Sprite Wars

The Slenderman Cometh

Spartan 117

slendav2.png

SLENDERMAN

But what is Slenderman? Well, The Slender Man was created at the Something Awful Forums in a thread entitled "Create Paranormal Images." After the first Slenderman image was created by "Victor Surge" the idea basically took over the thread and everyone tried to make their own Slenderman short stories, pics and things. There was even a wikipedia article that detailed alot of the fictional storys, but the article was quickly taken down:

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Poogan/Jokes/wiki-38b.jpg

The Slenderman himself is described as a lanky, suited figure with little to no facial features. He's usually taller then a human, and often lankier and sometimes extremely tall. He has a habit of appearing in abandoned areas, playgrounds and especially forest, where his thin form blends into the tree's to almost make a kind of camoflauge. Stories often feature him stalking a paticular person or even children, and he almost never speaks.

He's mothballed into a ton of articles and sites, not to mention short stories and even an ARG:

And here's the original thread:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3150591&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=3#post361861415

Posted because Merku told me too ;-;

Actually, it's all bullshit. My brother used to know Slenderman, they had this awesome rock band when my brother was younger. You should have seen it... an, this guy could make a damn good Slenderjam.

http://img.waffleimages.com/fa2da30be69df2e4586b3990c5f279cc283bc82d/slenderman1.jpg

Also, gonna repost some of the stories from Something Awful.

TO: OPTIC NERVE HQ

SUBJECT: E-MAIL FROM ******* RETRIEVED FROM AGENT ******'S COMPUTER

DATE: JUNE 18th, 0930 HOURS

This was just emailed to ******. It's the old man's answer to the mail ****** sent him two weeks ago. Thought it pertinent.

Re: I just thought of something, need your thoughts

Agent,

I apologize for not being able to respond sooner and hope you are doing well.

I appreciate you contacting me about this concern of yours, but let me be absolutely clear: It is my belief that the scenario you are describing is absolutely impossible. While The Slender Man can take on human appearance, the idea that he could mimic a team member of yours is unthinkable. Let me walk you through my reasoning.

If the figure depicted on "Der Ritter" is indeed The Slender Man, as I insist it is, then we know that it has not always worn a suit, but rather, in the medieval ages, a suit of armor. This, not to mention the title of the wood cut, would make it quite clear that it was trying to mimic a knight. Knights, as I am sure you know, was the elite class of soldiers doing the bidding of barons and kings in the Feudal Age. If The Slender Man wanted to appear not only human, but a part of the human elite, why not go higher? Why not a baron? Because it can't, quite obviously. It can appear quite human, at least from a distance, but up close it could never fool anyone, and it knows this. Thus it settled for being a knight, who sometimes even wore full helmets, in an attempt to appear inconspicuous yet not undesirable.

So the question follows: Who is the most powerful yet faceless people today? Men in suits, of course.

I hope this puts your mind at ease, and again I wish you luck in your efforts. Do not hesitate to contact me again if you have any more questions.

Yours Truly,

All good things come to an end. D:l

ALSO.

Police Have Few Leads in Missing Girl Case

By Will Higgins

Posted: June 15, 1987

Stirling City, CA -- A spokesman for the Stirling City Police Department admitted this week that there were no promising leads in the case of eight year old Katrina Elkins, who went missing from her home Thursday night.

"It's like she disappeared into thin air," said neighbor and family friend, Marybeth Carlisle.

Police were called to the residence at 6:30 AM on Friday morning by Katrina's father, David. He realized that Katrina was missing when he went into her bedroom to wake her for school and discovered that she was not in her bed.

The only possible witness was the victim's sister, ten year old Alice, with whom Katrina shares a bedroom. Alice has been unable to provide many details to investigators, however.

"It seems that [the girl] suffers from an overactive imagination," SCPD Sergeant William Hohne said, "she told us the last time she saw her sister, was through the window where she was 'hugging the tall man'."

According to witness statements, over the past several weeks a man had been coming to the girls' bedroom window at night, where he would tap on the glass, 'make faces', and watch the girls.

Police investigators initially dismissed the account as a dream, as the bedroom window is on the second story, with no support beneath it.

"[Alice] Elkins reported that, on the night of her sisters disappearance, they were again awakened by a tapping at the glass," Sergeant Hohne explained, "She heard her sister get out of bed, and have a short conversation. When she didn't hear her sister get back in bed after several minutes, she got up and went to the window, where she saw her sister in the side yard, 'hugging the tall man'. According to the witness, the man looked up at her, grinned, and indicated that she was to come down as well with a 'snaky arm'. It was at this point that Miss Elkins became extremely frightened, and returned to bed. The tapping continued for some minutes, but finally ceased."

Police scoured the Elkins' yard for clues, with no success.

When asked why Alice had not told her parents about the tall men before, she explained, "He scared me. He told us to not tell Mom and Dad, or we'd be in trouble. He told us that he was our friend, and that he would give us anything we wanted, but we had to keep his secret. His smile was scary... and his voice. He said nice things but he sounded mean."

Police believe that there is no link between the disappearance, and the vicious killing of the Elkin's cat by disemboweling in April.

• 10 months later...

Reviving this because its worth it.

Two new Slenderman series's on youtube with some good moments but your millage may vary sometimes.

http://www.youtube.com/user/EverymanHYBRID

http://www.youtube.com/user/TribeTwelve

For no real reason/

Pictures of it.

bedbreakfastandslenderm.png

This was taken by S walker unit Scotland branch at an inn the day before they set out to an abandoned village up north.

facilitycamera34byvicto.jpg

This was recovered by Victor Surge one of the orginal reporters of that man.

***//-//*0003Audio Diary entry #02258**///<

//Start Feed//

Playback

Wiped clean, it's all gone again. This is how I live and this is how I survive. I must've hit a damn A7 Witness rating again...or lower, but if I'd been any lower my body would have been flayed into more sheets than the bible has pages. Not that I've even opened one for years to check the page count. No god would create that, shit, maybe it is a god, I don't know.

All I know is that it is there. I know it as a concept, as a horror, as extinction, that...what ever it is. Even this is enough to condemn one to death and the more I know of it, the more surely and swiftly that death will come to me. This is why I was wiped, the memories of anything relating to that being in detail was wrenched from my memory along with anything else in the near vicinity. As of the time I woke up I've discovered that I'm female, toast is my favorite food, and blue is my favorite fucking color. Was it before? Not too sure, but it is now.

I can also still taste it.

Or them.

Whatever.

I have the barest, most minute perception of it, C3 Witness at the very least.

For us it starts with a sort of pressure in your mind. You get those shivers while walking through the woods or up a dark staircase at night without even trying to scare yourself. Every now and then a feeling of, "Is that prick over there with the Sunday paper and cold cup of coffee staring at me every time I turn back around from him?" when there's a complete lack of pricks with a sports page and stale mug of shit coffee there to give you that excuse. They bring you in and start throwing words at you, words and endless pictures: Black, long, child, darkness, father, pain, belt, chain, tree, ecstasy, annihilation, castration, man, blindness, pipe, net, death. the pressure in your mind starts to take form with the conclusion of each reel. You don't sleep, or drink, or eat 'cause the needles and tubes coming out of your arms and neck takes care of that, no problem.

Someone will come in and show you a picture. At first it's always hard to make out. It's always some kids playin' or a street at night, with a sort of dark shapeless...thing...hanging out in the shadows. Blue Testers never say anything. They let you stare at the photo for about five minutes and out the door they go. Red Testers are the same; they never talk, and you will never, ever see the same one twice before a wipe session. Reds' pictures are a little more defined and the first time you make S out and your mind can taste it, you want to vomit all over the photo...but you can't...because you vomit all over the window separating you from the Tester instead. After each puke session Fred comes in. It's always Fred, that is the one constant. He waltzes in like he's the king of the whole goddamn facility and gives you that stern look, like that of a father who just found out his child pissed their bed. Back up go those ridiculous sunglasses and out comes the mop and towel for cleaning the vomit off the window so the Green Testers can question you. I've seen Fred in the cafeteria before. He's always looking morose as shit and sitting there at that table by the vending machine. Probably scoping out the kinds of food on his tray and surmising that it's going to end up swirling around his mop bucket before too much longer.

I'm the empress though, this whole hollowed out of the ground fortress kingdom is mine, with all of its beige numbness and staccato echoes of worried haste in the hallways. Fred is mine, the testers are mine, and I am always, always in residence. Let my court sit separated in their royal quarters. They are unable to whisper to each other or co-conspire in opposition to the crown. It's not me they have to fear, but the unholy providence of that which has entitled me to my claim. Let that smug bastard have whatever satisfaction he gets wiping corn niblets off my chin.

The Greens want to know the feel of SM, but it's more like a taste. Like your goddamn brain grew a tongue and is licking a revolting reality covering film. The Greens just shrug it off as SM's synaptic psychic resonance image attributes. But that bullshit denies my experience; it denies the absolute absurdity and filthiness of sensing the SM's actual existence. It rolls around in your skull, a quiet marble of frozen and exacting intent. Calculating and cold it twists every memory it comes into contact with into something depraved until you are the horror, the mechanic of terrible things, the murderous creature which you'd always been.

This makes you much easier to find.

They all taste different. I don't know if it's the same Slender Man in each incident or a separate Slender Man each time. Nobody is quite sure since It's never able to keep it's appearance straight for very long. In the distance, a little shadow, fog, maybe a bit dark, looks like a business exec got lost in the woods on his way home from the office. Passing side-long glance at close range, some pretty tall dude is probably going to get his suit dirtied eviscerating that soldier. Stare directly at it for a while and you wouldn't know where the dismembered corpse begins and its body ends if not for the black and white of its body. Its blank face pleads with you, trying to coax out of you a human-like expression. Eyes and teeth and mouths, and shit that doesn't even belong on a face, fight over your perceptions. Just trying to get a hold of where Slender Man's tendrils are at any moment is an exercise in nausea and splitting headaches. Like meaty black smoke in a stale bar room with just a child's whisper of air to prompt it in any given direction, It'll move towards you...

and around you...

and then into you...

//END

***//-//*0003Audio Diary entry #02258**///<

I've been doing some research on the Slenderman, and from what I can see their is a lot of interesting theory's on its motivation and what it exactly is.

Oddly enough, my Mom has seen him, though she never knew what the entity is or what name it goes by until I brought the subject up to her. From what she figures, and what I think may be part of what Slendys story might be, is apparently Slendermen and any others like him are thought to be spirits that appear to mortals to warn them of impending danger.

The only problem is that he looks so sinister that people think that he's the cause of any danger that takes place.

Not sure if its accurate or not but it could be very compelling if true.

I've only caught a glimpse of him this one time my dad and I were hunting for bottles and cans to recycle.

Kinnda creepy looking, I'll agree, but I didn't feel threatened by him.

Made me wounder though, I dunno what he was up to, and I don't think I'll ever know.

What I can figure out, is that Slenderman appears to stalk his victim before he takes them away. For what purpose, no-one can guess.

It's actualy this what makes him so scary. We see the result of his action yet we don't get the action itself or motivation.

I've been doing some research on the Slenderman, and from what I can see their is a lot of interesting theory's on its motivation and what it exactly is.

Oddly enough, my Mom has seen him, though she never knew what the entity is or what name it goes by until I brought the subject up to her. From what she figures, and what I think may be part of what Slendys story might be, is apparently Slendermen and any others like him are thought to be spirits that appear to mortals to warn them of impending danger.

The only problem is that he looks so sinister that people think that he's the cause of any danger that takes place.

Not sure if its accurate or not but it could be very compelling if true.

I've only caught a glimpse of him this one time my dad and I were hunting for bottles and cans to recycle.

Kinnda creepy looking, I'll agree, but I didn't feel threatened by him.

Made me wounder though, I dunno what he was up to, and I don't think I'll ever know.

Wait a second, you ACTUALLY saw him? Like, you're not even making this up?

Was this BEFORE or AFTER you heard about the mythos? This is important.