Sprite Wars

Sonic Found Jesus

Underling

My childhood died inside when I saw this.

http://mobianministry.deviantart.com/

http://mobianministry.deviantart.com/#/d27cxhi

Here's some amazing story.

Sonic at Church

by ~lizniner

"Sonic, whatcha reading?"

Sonic sighed and waved the book in front of his best buddy. "I dunno, I just picked it up and started to read."

Tails took the book, while holding Sonic's place, and examined it. "Wow! I didn't know you had a religion!"

Sonic jumped. "A what?"

"This is a Christian book!" Tails exclaimed. "Surely you've heard of the Bible?"

Sonic stared at him blankly. Tails sighed. "Well, come with Amy, Cream, Big, Tikal and me to church tomorrow! You'll learn all you need to know!"

Sonic coughed. "Tails, I've got plans tomorrow. I owe 'You-Know-Who' a visit. How about today?"

Tails shook his head. "Sonic, tomorrow is a religious day. Not today. Tomorrow. It is, by tradition, that we go on Sunday."

"But--Elise--"

"Elise'll forgive you!"

They stared hard at each other for a moment, then Sonic gave in. "Fine. I'll go. Hand me a pen and paper, please."

"You're gonna write?" Tails asked, stunned.

Sonic hesitated a moment. "Alright, you write what I tell you to, okay?"

Tails agreed, pulled out the pen and paper, before saying encouragingly, "Go on!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dear Elise,

Sorry I haven't written to you in a while. We've been seeing each other so often, I didn't see a need to. But now is important.

I won't be seeing you tomorrow as planned. Tails wants me to go with him to church, I think he called it Christian, and I can't say no to him. I'll also be going with Amy, Cream, Big, and Tikal. Maybe I'll be able to introduce them to you sometime! I know you've met Amy, but Cream's real nice, and polite, like you! Big's kinda dense, but he's a great pal when you need to relax and an excellent fisher! Tikal's so intent on making the world war-free, she doesn't seem to be doing anything else, so it's nice to see her doing something.

See me the day after?

--Sonic

Elise smiled as she finished reading the letter. Church? Cristian? What was Sonic playing at? She'd never expect to see him at a church, not ever! However... she was going to one as well. Christian, too. If Sonic was telling the truth, maybe they'd see each other...

"That's the seventh time today you've read that letter, miss!" the maid teased. "Is it from someone special?"

"You could say that," Elise replied. "Do you have my clothes ready? We'll be leaving any minute."

"Here you are!" the maid handed her a beautiful golden dress, lined with silver, and was accompanied by silver gloves lined in gold. It was the most gorgeous thing Elise had seen. The maid helped fit Elise into the dress, taking her time, trying not to wrinkle it. Then she handed the gloves to Elise to put on herself, before running outside to check the time.

Elise had just finished slipping her shoes on when she came running back in with a thick black book. "Begin to read Ephesians 6:18, please."

The maid opened up and turned to the page and read aloud, "'Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints.'"

Elise stopped her there. "We shall continue after church. We are almost running late."

"Of course!" the maid bowed her head in respect, bookmarked the page, before scuttling Elise out the door.

"Why's everyone dressed so fancy here, Tails?" Sonic whispered.

"It's to show respect!" Tails whispered back. "And keep quiet, Sonic! This place isn't a chatroom!"

Sonic never thought it was. He just had so many questions. For example: why was Knuckles the priest? Why was everyone standing? What did the Cross symbolize? Why was there a guy nailed to it? What was a priest?

"Stand, Sonic!" Amy ushered quietly before pulling him up. "Gosh! You really haven't been to church before!"

Sonic didn't reply. He heard some music beginning to play, and then a song, afterwards. He glanced over at Tails's book and saw that he was supposed to sing along with the song.

"If you ask me to leap out of my boat on the crashing waves

If you ask me to go preach to a lost world that Jesus saves

I'll go but I cannot go alone

Cause I know I'm nothing on my own

But the power of Christ in me makes me strong

Makes me strong

Cause when I'm weak, You make me strong

When I'm blind, You shine Your light on me

Cause I'll never get by living on my own ability

How refreshing to know You don't need me

How amazing to find that You want me

So I'll stand on Your truth, and I'll fight with Your strength

Until You being the victory, by the power of Christ in me

If You ask me to run

And carry Your light into foreign land

If You ask me to fight

Deliver Your people from Satan's hand

To reach out with Your hands

To learn through Your eyes

To love with the love of a savior

To feel with your Your heart

And to think with Your mind

I'd give my last breath for Your glory "

Sonic looked around. There were so many people here. Seeing them all sit down again, he took the hint and did as well. Then he noticed someone in front of him.

"Elise?!" he let escape his mouth almost silently. What was she doing here? Shouldn't she be in Soleana? She never told him that she was in Station Square!

Elise turned at the mention of her name and saw her lover. She smiled at him and mouthed "I'll explain later." Then she turned around and listened to Knuckles.

Sonic didn't see what was so important. Why did everyone want to listen to the densest Knucklehead ever?

When Knuckles started bringing bread and wine to the table. Sonic was disgusted. Wine?! Oh, he should have known! Knuckles loved grapes, so it was bound to have to be made from them!

"Mr. Sonic," Cream whispered as another song began to play, "When we go up, just put your hand over your heart, and say 'Amen' to what the person with the food says, okay? Then follow me."

"Sounds simple enough," Sonic shrugged.

Everyone in his row began to stand, so he did as well. They were walking up to the front in a single-file line. As Sonic walked up, he saw what Cream did, and decided to copy her. When she was done she stood to the side, allowing everyone else to pass through.

"The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit," the man said to Sonic when he arrived in front of him.

"Amen," Sonic murmured, then hurried to Cream. Sonic was feeling strange--stranger than normal. Something was going on.

Cream smiled at him, as if she had read his mind. "You feel that way because you are glad you are being accepted," she nodded. "Now, follow me, Mr. Sonic."

Sonic followed her silently, though more questions racked his brain. Accepted? What was he being accepted for? Who was accepting him? Why did he have to be accepted? Why was he glad because of this?

They came back to the pew, where Sonic began to answer his own questions. Maybe he was being accepted by the church? That was incorrect, something told him. Maybe by... Him? Something about the way he thought it knew the first letter was capitalized. Yes, whoever "Him" was, he was being accepted by Him. He was glad because... well... you'd feel glad too if you were being accepted.

And for once, Sonic felt warmer than he ever had before--even warmer than when he was with Elise.

"That was awesome, Tails! Can we go there again, sometime?" Sonic begged.

"Sure," he agreed. "I'm surprised you're interested, Sonic."

"Hey look! There's Elise!" he noted. "Hey! Elise!"

"Who's Elise?" Big asked. Tikal shrugged.

"Hello, Sonic!" Elise greeted as she ran up to him. "I assume you're feeling good?"

"Good?" Sonic laughed. "I feel great! Oh, and this is Tikal, Big, and Cream."

"Nice to meet you," Big and Tikal said at the same time.

"Ms. Elise?" Cream repeated. "Are you the Princess Elise that Sonic doesn't stop talking about?"

"I... I suppose so," Elise replied shyly. "So, Sonic, what've you been up to?"

"Nothin' much," Sonic grinned. "I could get the hang of this whole 'Christian' thing."

Elise laughed. "I'm glad! I'm sorry I haven't told you yet, but I've been staying in an appartment in Station Square with some of my maids."

"What about Soleanna?" Tails demanded, worried.

"It's being run by someone very trustworthy, I assure you," Elise smiled.

"Elise!!" someone called. "Your vehicle is ready!!!"

"Oh!" Elise pouted. "That'd be Rose. She's a very good housekeeper. Well, I guess I'll be going." She gave Sonic a quick peck on the cheek before scurrying towards Rose.

"You two like each other a lot, huh, Sonic?" Big asked.

"Yeah..." Sonic grinned. "A lot... How long d'you think Elise's been going here?"

"For a long while, Sonic," Amy informed. "Since before I started going here, a couple years back."

They all knew then: there was more to Elise than met the eye.

YOU WILL OBEY! YOU WILL OBEY!

I know the truth, its all Robotniks evil plan. He captured Sonic and the others then had them brainwashed to be good christians while Robotnik poses as a pastor..or Robotnik has them all living in a dream world. He's plugged them into his personal matrix like computer where they live in a simulation thinking there christians, while Robotnik is god since he controls the sim he is the god of that universe therefore its the ultmate defeat for sonic as he now worships Robotnik...

Well thats what I wish was happening in order to help me cope ;_;

PS: No offense to christians on the board, just riffing at the fact some people took characters I liked and used them as poster boys for there religion.

PS: No offense to christians on the board, just riffing at the fact some people took characters I liked and used them as poster boys for there religion.

I'm sure there'd be no offense taken...even from a christian standpoint this story sucks the big one.

And from a literary standpoint? Don't even get me started...hey wait a minute!

They all knew then: there was more to Elise than met the eye.

there was more to Elise than met the eye.

more than meets the eye.

Well, either Elise is a Transformer (probably a Decepticon), or...

its-a-trap.jpg

godhasbroughtustogether.png

Why do I now have an urge to sprite us all in Sunday worship outfits?

Also epic SW verson.

Mike at Church

by ~Sarge

"Mike, whatcha reading?"

Mike sighed and waved the book in front of his best buddy. "I dunno, I just picked it up and started to read."

Storm took the book, while holding Mike's place, and examined it. "Wow! I didn't know you had a religion!"

Mike jumped. "A what?"

"This is a Christian book!" Storm exclaimed. "Surely you've heard of the Bible?"

Mike stared at him blankly. Storm sighed. "Well, come with Melanie, Cass, Timberwolf, Nexus and me to church tomorrow! You'll learn all you need to know!"

Mike coughed. "Storm, I've got plans tomorrow. I owe 'You-Know-Who' a visit. How about today?"

Storm shook his head. "Mike, tomorrow is a religious day. Not today. Tomorrow. It is, by tradition, that we go on Sunday."

"But--Sukairaa --"

"Sukairaa 'll forgive you!"

They stared hard at each other for a moment, then Mike gave in. "Fine. I'll go. Hand me a pen and paper, please."

"You're gonna write?" Storm asked, stunned.

Mike hesitated a moment. "Alright, you write what I tell you to, okay?"

Storm agreed, pulled out the pen and paper, before saying encouragingly, "Go on!"

Dear Sukairaa,

Sorry I haven't written to you in a while. We've been seeing each other so often, I didn't see a need to. But now is important.

I won't be seeing you tomorrow as planned. Storm wants me to go with him to church, I think he called it Christian, and I can't say no to him. I'll also be going with Melanie, Cass, Timberwolf, and Nexus. Maybe I'll be able to introduce them to you sometime! I know you've met Melanie, but Cass's real nice, and polite, like you! TimberWolf's kinda dense, but he's a great pal when you need to relax and an excellent flamer! Nexus's so intent on making the world war-free, he doesn't seem to be doing anything else, so it's nice to see her doing something.

See me the day after?

--Mike

Sukairaa smiled as she finished reading the letter. Church? Cristian? What was Mike playing at? She'd never expect to see him at a church, not ever! However... she was going to one as well. Christian, too. If Mike was telling the truth, maybe they'd see each other...

"That's the seventh time today you've read that letter, miss!" the maid teased. "Is it from someone special?"

"You could say that," Sukairaa replied. "Do you have my clothes ready? We'll be leaving any minute."

"Here you are!" the maid handed her a beautiful golden dress, lined with silver, and was accompanied by silver gloves lined in gold. It was the most gorgeous thing Sukairaa had seen. The maid helped fit Sukairaa into the dress, taking her time, trying not to wrinkle it. Then she handed the gloves to Sukairaa to put on herself, before running outside to check the time.

Sukairaa had just finished slipping her shoes on when she came running back in with a thick black book. "Begin to read Ephesians 6:18, please."

The maid opened up and turned to the page and read aloud, "'Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints.'"

Sukairaa stopped her there. "We shall continue after church. We are almost running late."

"Of course!" the maid bowed her head in respect, bookmarked the page, before scuttling Sukairaa out the door.

"Why's everyone dressed so fancy here, Storm?" Mike whispered.

"It's to show respect!" Storm whispered back. "And keep quiet, Mike! This place isn't a chatroom!"

Mike never thought it was. He just had so many questions. For example: why was Kalash the priest? Why was everyone standing? What did the Cross symbolize? Why was there a guy nailed to it? What was a priest?

"Stand, Mike!" Melanie ushered quietly before pulling him up. "Gosh! You really haven't been to church before!"

Mike didn't reply. He heard some music beginning to play, and then a song, afterwards. He glanced over at Storm's book and saw that he was supposed to sing along with the song.

"If you ask me to leap out of my boat on the crashing waves

If you ask me to go preach to a lost world that Jesus saves

I'll go but I cannot go alone

Cause I know I'm nothing on my own

But the power of Christ in me makes me strong

Makes me strong

Cause when I'm weak, You make me strong

When I'm blind, You shine Your light on me

Cause I'll never get by living on my own ability

How refreshing to know You don't need me

How amazing to find that You want me

So I'll stand on Your truth, and I'll fight with Your strength

Until You being the victory, by the power of Christ in me

If You ask me to run

And carry Your light into foreign land

If You ask me to fight

Deliver Your people from Satan's hand

To reach out with Your hands

To learn through Your eyes

To love with the love of a savior

To feel with your Your heart

And to think with Your mind

I'd give my last breath for Your glory "

Mike looked around. There were so many people here. Seeing them all sit down again, he took the hint and did as well. Then he noticed someone in front of him.

"Sukairaa?!" he let escape his mouth almost silently. What was she doing here? Shouldn't she be in Soleana? She never told him that she was in Station Square!

Sukairaa turned at the mention of her name and saw her lover. She smiled at him and mouthed "I'll explain later." Then she turned around and listened to Kalash.

Mike saw what was so important. Obeying felt wonderful.

When Kalash started bringing bread and wine to the table. Mike was disgusted. Wine?! Oh, he should have known! Kalash loved grapes, so it was bound to have to be made from them!

"Mr. Mike," Cass whispered as another song began to play, "When we go up, just put your hand over your heart, and say 'Amen' to what the person with the food says, okay? Then follow me."

"Sounds simple enough," Mike shrugged.

Everyone in his row began to stand, so he did as well. They were walking up to the front in a single-file line. As Mike walked up, he saw what Cass did, and decided to copy him. When he was done he stood to the side, allowing everyone else to pass through.

"The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit," the man said to Mike when he arrived in front of him.

"Amen," Mike murmured, then hurried to Cass. Mike was feeling strange--stranger than normal. Something was going on.

Cass smiled at him, as if he had read his mind. "You feel that way because you are glad you are obeying." he nodded. "Now, follow me, Mr. Mike."

Mike followed him silently, though more questions racked his brain. Accepted? What was he being accepted for? Who was accepting him? Why did he have to be accepted? Why was he glad because of this?

They came back to the pew, where Mike began to answer his own questions. Maybe he was being accepted by the church? That was incorrect, something told him. Maybe by... Him? Something about the way he thought it knew the first letter was capitalized. Yes, whoever "Him" was, he was being accepted by Him. He was glad because... well... you'd feel glad too if you were being accepted.

And for once, Mike felt warmer than he ever had before--even warmer than when he was with Sukairaa.

"That was awesome, Storm! Can we go there again, sometime?" Mike begged.

"Sure," he agreed. "I'm surprised you're interested, Mike."

"Hey look! There's Sukairaa!" he noted. "Hey! Sukairaa!"

"Who's Sukairaa?" TimberWolf asked. Nexus shrugged.

"Hello, Mike!" Sukairaa greeted as she ran up to him. "I assume you're feeling good?"

"Good?" Mike laughed. "I feel great! Oh, and this is Nexus, Timberwolf, and Cass."

"Nice to meet you," Timberwolf and Nexus said at the same time.

"Ms. Sukairaa?" Cass repeated. "Are you the Princess Sukairaa that Mike doesn't stop talking about?"

"I... I suppose so," Sukairaa replied shyly. "So, Mike, what've you been up to?"

"Nothin' much," Mike grinned. "I could get the hang of this whole 'Christian' thing."

Sukairaa laughed. "I'm glad! I'm sorry I haven't told you yet, but I've been staying in an appartment in Station Square with some of my maids."

"What about the love empire?" Storm demanded, worried.

"It's being run by someone very trustworthy, I assure you," Sukairaa smiled.

"Sukairaa!!" someone called. "Your vehicle is ready!!!"

"Oh!" Sukairaa pouted. "That'd be Vas. She's a very good housekeeper. Well, I guess I'll be going." She gave Mike a quick peck on the cheek before scurrying towards Vas.

"You two like each other a lot, huh, Mike?" TimberWolf asked.

"Yeah..." Mike grinned. "A lot... How long d'you think Sukairaa's been going here?"

"For a long while, Mike," Melanie informed. "Since before I started going here, a couple years back."

They all knew then: there was more to Sukairaa than met the eye.

fuuuuuuuuuuu.jpg

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

And you know what the worse thing is?

THIS IS STILL BETTER THEN ANY OF THE PLOTS IN THE NEW SONIC GAMES