Sprite Wars

A Big Hello Shoutout

Millboar

Hi all! I'm new here and would like to get to know the ropes. I am totally obsessed with spriting, be it either NRE or Metal Slug and I am really interested in this. I've only been spriting for a few years so I am probaly not up to par with most of you guys. Besides spriting, my other big passion is writing, particuarly military science fiction.

About me: Umm... not much to tell really. I know Latin and Sindarin, I play 40k and D and D, and I am a overall uber-nerd. My favorite video-game is halo, and my favorite thing to do is pull up the computer and either sprite or write.

My Work: I have done a lot of different projects but I feel that this little iron talon showcase captures the jist of what I do.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Boarmaster/Spritewars/iron_talon_showcase.png

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all! I'm new here and would like to get to know the ropes. I am totally obsessed with spriting, be it either NRE or Metal Slug and I am really interested in this. I've only been spriting for a few years so I am probaly not up to par with most of you guys. Besides spriting, my other big passion is writing, particuarly military science fiction.

About me: Umm... not much to tell really. I know Latin and Sindarin, I play 40k and D and D, and I am a overall uber-nerd. My favorite video-game is halo, and my favorite thing to do is pull up the computer and either sprite or write.

My Work: I have done a lot of different projects but I feel that this little iron talon showcase captures the jist of what I do.

http://www.majhost.com/gallery/Boarmaster/Spritewars/iron_talon_showcase.png

Hey there, it's nice to see that you've joined, but I do have a question: did you get permission from Commandercool to use those sprites?

Also, I would like to thank you for uploading a lot of those NRE halo sprites. I thought I'd never see some of them for a while.

(edit) ESPECIALLY that Halo Reach UNSC army sheet that A51 made, which I had a while back but deleted.

Hmm... In all truth I was not aware I was using anyone's sprites. -sigh- I guess that's what I get when for using my friends "custom sprites", they're dirty internet pirates every last one of them :rolleyes: . I'll make sure to change them so that it does not conflict with commandercool's stuff.

Hmm... In all truth I was not aware I was using anyone's sprites. -sigh- I guess that's what I get when for using my friends "custom sprites", they're dirty internet pirates every last one of them :rolleyes: . I'll make sure to change them so that it does not conflict with commandercool's stuff.

Who exactly is your "friend?"

He's just someone from my school who gave me a few sprites, I should have known better than to trust him. Anyway, updated the link, should now lead to a page with some original sprites I built in the last half hour.Hopefully, that should clear up any issues.

He's just someone from my school who gave me a few sprites, I should have known better than to trust him. Anyway, updated the link, should now lead to a page with some original sprites I built in the last half hour.Hopefully, that should clear up any issues.

Ah, very nice. Especially the helmets.